Monday, August 24, 2009

New tech and patience

Today I downloaded Skype on my home computer, and it gave me a snapshot of what I find both interesting and frustrating about new technology. The good news is that the program downloaded easily and I was able to make a video call. The bad news is that my voice keeps dropping out. I tried the obvious solution of lowering the volume of my microphone, but with no improvement. I've decided to try a different microphone...after a bit of doing something else to get used to the idea.

New technology clearly takes a lot of old-fashioned patience and willingness to tinker :-)

In the meantime, I've submitted my request to take portions of my class wiki public to my school's administration. The initial response was quite positive, but this would be a new step for our school, so the decision needs to be run through some other folks. I'm hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment