Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Reaching out

One of the resolutions I made for this coming school year was to reach out and establish contacts with classrooms outside the US. A few weeks back, I went onto ePals and registered, and this week I found profiles of classes in Belarus and France who were looking for partners. I emailed them, and today I got emails back! I'm excited! I'd like to set up something like an email exchange with each class, and it appears that ePals can do that. More later.

From Vicki Davis's blog, Cool Cat Teacher, I found the Flat Classroom Project, which is another project dedicated to forming international links between classes. I didn't find the site particularly easy to understand, but part of it is a forum of classes looking for partners. I sent an email to a school in Qatar, and got a response, and I'm hopeful that I can nurse that along as well.

Btw, I find Vicki's blog very useful, if a bit overwhelming. If you get a chance, check out her "Most Valuable Posts" (scroll down the right side of her page until you get to it).

No comments:

Post a Comment